A new copy-editing service.
Your copy never read so well.
The PandaCopyEd service will ensure that your text is well written and well organised.
The PandaCopyEd service is not yet live, but we can still talk: contact us now to discuss your needs and we’ll see what we can do.
Please include a house style, if appropriate, otherwise we will apply our in-house style.
Prices and what’s included
We charge by the word using a progressive pricing strategy. This means a longer text will have a lower price per thousand words than a shorter text. A progressive pricing strategy takes into account the time taken for the administrative work as well as the actual copy-editing itself.
Depending on how much work needs to be done to a given piece of work, we may need to increase the costs because it will take longer. For example, if a text has already been reviewed by the author, chances are that there will be fewer remaining errors than if it is the author’s first draft. We do not recommend you send us your first draft. If your text has already been copy-edited, it might benefit you to take advantage of our PandaProofs service instead.
Copy-editing prices start at £29.60 for up to 2,000 words, with a minimum charge of £29.60 per text.
Please read the CIEP’s top tips to make the most of your freelance copy–editor or proofreader to help us both get the most out of our potential author–proofreader relationship.
The PandaCopyEd service
The service includes everything included in our PandaProofs service, plus an extra PandaPolish.
The PandaCopyEd service does not include line-editing.
The exact details are to be determined.
Corrections to your text will be indicated according to the format you send:
- hard copy (paper): BSI marks for copy correction
- PDF file (*.pdf): as for hard copy or PDF comments and other annotations
- Word document (*.doc, *.docx): Word’s change tracking system
What to expect
We will copy-edit your text and send you:
- an annotated copy of your text including queries
- a corrected version of your text
- your original text
- a new/updated style sheet
- a report indicating recurring problems and other points of note
- a list of items requiring permission to use, if appropriate
- facts checked as far as possible.
What not to expect
We will not perform the following services:
- alter text that would constitute plagiarism
- rewrite poorly-written text completely
- check your index.
If you wish your index to be checked, please refer to the Society of Indexers.
Corrections made to the text may include:
- spelling errors and consistency
- grammatical errors and consistency
- punctuation errors and consistency
- changes for flow, tone, intended readership
- application of house style
- obvious factual errors highlighted
- potential legal issues (libel etc.)
- consistency of formatting (index, references, citations, etc.)
We do not copy-edit academic texts because this could constitute plagiarism. We can, however, proofread academic texts.